1. Place your piece of pork in the slow cooke, leaving the butcher's netting in order to hold the meat together as it cooks (because it becomes so mouth-wateringly tender!).
2. Add 1 cup of white vinegar to the slow cooker.
3. Drop in 4 or 5 bay leaves.
4. Add a teaspoon of peppercorns.
5. Top up the slow cooker basin with water to the point where it just covers the meat.
6. Pop on the lid to cook on high for 6 hours.
7. Next, you can choose to let the pork cool down in the brine, or you can carefully remove it and let it cool on the bench. Do not remove the netting until the pork has cooled down completely.
|Sliced and ready to serve!|
Then you're all set to slice your pickled pork and serve with with your favourite mustards, pickles, chutneys, cheeses and breads. Enjoy!